Stay Connected With A Lateral Anchor
DeckLok® provides a bolted connection between the guard railing post and the floor joists of the deck.
Note: IBC Code requires the guard rail post to resist a force of 500lbs at a point 36" above the surface of the deck. DeckLok does this! Mounting the DeckLok lateral anchors directly to the base of the rail post, or to the deck board, creates a solid mounting surface while still using traditional construction techniques. Independent laboratory testing confirms that the DeckLok System increases guard rail lateral load capacity by 4 times the current capacity. Best of all, the versatility of the DeckLok System allows the lateral anchors to be incorporated into the railing design without affecting the rail post spacing desired by the designer or installer. With DeckLok, the rail post spacing determines the placement of the lateral anchor, not the other way around!
(1) lateral anchor corner post install
- For Use with Lumber or Engineered Flooring Systems
- Use with Standard 1/2” Hot-Dipped Galvanized or Stainless Steel Bolts
- Code Compliant Hot-Dipped Galvanized or 316 Stainless Steel
- Easy to Install on Existing Structures or New Construction
- Order Online or call Screw Products, Inc at 1.877.844.8880
Deck building, repair and remodeling are serious business. Please make sure you have the proper knowledge, skills, and tools to perform any services before starting. Please consult or hire a professional if there's any doubt.